Effective Date: March 10, 2018
What information do we collect?
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional to use features offered by the Application.
When you register with us and use the Application, you may provide (a) your name, email address, username, password, and other sign-in/registration information; (b) information you provide when you contact us for help.
The Application collects text input in fields where it is enabled in order to return suggestions. Currently, this includes: (a) text input on webpages where the Application has been enabled (b) popup dialog text input for Crio chrome extension. It also records accepted and rejected suggestions.
In addition, the Application may collect the IP address of your device, the type of Internet browser you use, the device language, and information about the way you use the Application. For example, in crashes or other problematic events, we may collect device performance when the problematic event happened for troubleshooting purposes.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Application — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request, respond to inquiries,
and/or other requests or questions.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), please do not use the Application.
For EEA Users
The following section is adapted off a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
Crio is based in the United States. The hosting facilities for our website and data are situated in the United States. The European Commission has made an “adequacy decision” with respect to the United States.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights under the data protection law, principally: the right to access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to object to processing, the right to data portability, the right to complain to a supervisory authority, and the right to withdraw consent.
If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information.
That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing,
to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is: consent; or that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or if you have any questions, please submit a support ticket here.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.